Skip to content

The Most Dangerous Things For Your Brain are Sugar, Starch and Trans Fats

couple enjoying watermelonYour Brain is defined as that portion of the nervous system which is the organ of the central point of the nervous system. It is enclosed within the skull and is continuous with the spinal cord.

Your brain weighs about 3 pounds and is 60% fat. The remaining 40% is made up of water, proteins, carbohydrates and salts. The brain is not a muscle, it contains blood vessels and nerves called neurons. A big portion of the brain’s fat is a very special Omega 3 fatty acid called DHA. Omega 3 fatty acids are found in foods such as oily fish and dietary supplements such as fish oil.

Trans fats are considered the worst kind of fat to eat, and they give us bad cholesterol.

A diet laden with Trans fats increases the risk of heart disease and is a major risk factor for a healthy functioning brain.

Most processed foods may have trans fats /refined processed oils in them such as vegetable oil and many can be highly toxic to your brain.

These oils are in every type of food. If you see processed food on a supermarket shelf with lots of additives including trans fats you should avoid it. Many of these chemical additives are for extending the shelf life of the food, but the damage to your brain can be irreparable over time.

You should also avoid sugar and starchy foods and processed foods if you want to have a healthy brain.

This seems too much I know, for me too but you have to roll your sleeves up and educate yourself on what is good for your brain and what is potentially bringing about depression, and a slowing down of your purpose in life.

When choosing vegetables you should eat the rainbow, that is eat veg that are yellow green orange blue purple red.

You should eat oily fish such as mackerel and salmon. You should hydrate with water and electrolytes. You are what you eat.


  • Today cut down 40% on sugar and processed foods.
  • Continue to cut down on a weekly basis until you are happy with the way your brain is operating, (keep in mind when you come off sugar there will be withdrawal symptoms such as headaches and tiredness,)
  • Move the body on a daily basis and get some exercise.

Come to Get Back Health Chiropractic and Wellness Clinic this week as your nervous system is part of your brain and get adjusted and help your brain and nervous system back to full expression of what it can be.

Yours in Health,
John Keane, Spinologist

Add Your Comment (Get a Gravatar)

Your Name


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.